About the Museum
The LMM - London’s only Motor Cycle museum - is the capital’s friendly focus for Britain’s biking history and heritage. Not only do they have some 80 machines and other exhibits on permanent display - there are another 50/60 machines in reserve, and a knowledgeable staff with a wealth of personal insights and stories! The LMM isn’t just a great static display. During the year our bikes appear in shows and exhibitions. In 2007 the Museum had two bikes in Brent Museum for an exhibition celebrating the Ace Cafe. In July 2008, the Museum celebrated 50 years of the Triumph Bonneville. It was originally built in Late 1958 for public launch in 1959. Last year the Museum attended the Beezumph rally, Beaulieu Motor Cycle World, Hampshire Police and Cheshire Police open days, plus many more events, gatherings and meets. Bill Crosby, the museum’s founder, was born into Westminster Barracks in April 1932 the son of Sgt William Crosby, Master of the Stables in the Grenadier Guards. But Sgt Crosby’s son would grow up to be master of a different kind of horse power. He lived in London all his life apart from a brief evacuation to Suffolk to stay with his grandparents during the war. After completing his national service in the King’s Royal Rifle Corps, Bill returned to Civvy street. Motor Cycles had always been a big part of Bill’s life and he regularly repaired his own bikes and those of friends.
London Motorcycle Museum 2021 Event Schedule
|No events at the moment.|
Get in touch
Use the information below to get in touch with the museum before setting off.
London Motorcycle Museum Office
- Address: 29 Oldfield Lane South Greenford
- Postcode: UB6 9LD
- Phone: 020 85756644
- URL: www.london-Motor Cycle-museum.org
- Saturday and Sunday plus Bank Holidays 10am to 4.30pm.
London Motorcycle Museum
Within a radius (as the crow flies) of 3 miles:
MORE AROUND UB6HA0 HA1 HA3 HA7 HA8 HA9 NW10 NW9 TW8 UB1 UB10 UB18 UB2 UB5 UB7 W10 W11 W12 W13 W5 W7 W8 W9
October's Historic South East
October 4, 1911, the very first escalator in the London Underground was brought into operation for the first time at the Earl Courts station..Archive SOUTHEASTAUTOJUMBLE.CO.UK